Duration: 3 Month Full Time + 3 Months Internship
Industry-based Career Oriented Syllabus I Practice Workshops for Skill Acquisition I 100% Assured Placements & Internships
Management is a broad discipline that encompasses a number of specialist fields such as economics, psychology, sociology, accounting, finance, marketing, law, human resource management, and organizational behaviour.
Project Management is the overall planning, coordination, and control of a project from beginning to completion. It is aimed at meeting a client's and designer’s requirement in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
A project manager is one who is hired either by a client or architecture firm that works as a primary designer solo or in conjunction with the architect/designer in designing spaces for a commercial type building structure that meet the client’s needs and budgets in a functional and aesthetically pleasing way.
The technical skills acquired through the Bachelor/Diploma education must be combined with the management skills to work on field. This gap between the education and working skills is bridged by the contents of this course. At the end of the 6 month program at VISTAS, one would be able to fulfil the following as an Interior Project Manager:
- Specify project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling, setting performance requirements, and select project participants
- Maximize the resource efficiency through procurement of labour, materials and equipment
- Implement various operations through proper coordination and control of planning, design, estimating, contracting and construction in the entire process
- Develop effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts
- Analysis and interpretation of data; Problem solving and decision making
Employment of Design Managers is projected to grow 16% from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or Civil Engineering, coupled with management skills & experience will have the best job prospects.
Students can opt and focus on one of the following based on their career interests:
- Construction Management
- Interior Project Management
For both the courses, the first 3 month program is designed to provide a student with a background in managerial, technological, economic and environmental aspects of residential and commercial construction. The next 3 months is the internship program which gives the students an opportunity to equip themselves for the industry.
These practice internships offer our students personal real world insights and exposures to actual working life, an experiential, foundation to their career choices, and the chance to build valuable business networks. All students complete a minimum 3 month stint in a business organization. Counselling is provided to help students in securing placements of their choice.
- We assure 100% placements
- Co-ordination & Counselling is provided to help assist students in getting good placements
Candidates will be placed in Firms / Companies in the following Roles:
- Project Management Consultant
- Safety Manager
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Client-side Co-ordinator
- Facility Manager
- Contract Co-ordinator